12.19.2012

My First Pie!

I have been wanting to make a pie for a long time. Like a really long time. So one afternoon after church, I went to my friend Sarah's house to learn how to make apple pie! I had so much fun and learned so much. When I got home, my family and I ate it up! It was amazing. I decided I would try making another apple pie by myself for Thanks Giving. So here is what it looked like before and after I cooked it. I can't wait to make other pies now! Any suggestions? 

Enjoy

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) 


Crust recipe
(by Bonnie Tryon)
From Sarah Johnson

3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups Crisco shortening)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vinegar
1 egg
5 or 6 Tablespoons water

Mix dry ingredient first; add shortening. Mix well with hands. Add blended vinegar  egg, and water and mix well w/ hands. (don't wash cup). Save to re-moisten.










1 comment: