1.22.2013

Heart Picture Frame

I decorated a picture frame for one of my friends for a Christmas gift this year. I thought I would take pictures as I went to show you how I did it.
Enjoy

|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=

First I started out with a wooden frame and some colors I thought I might use.
Then I gave the frame two coats of white front and back.

Then I got a mustard yellow and put random blotches on the frame and let it dry.

Then I took a light blue and painted the outsides.




I got some sandpaper and sanded some of the paint off.
Then I took some grey paint and randomly added that on. Then sanded it some more to give it a weathered look.

I wanted to add something to the frame and decided on beads. I ended up not using these blue ones but just a clear circular bead.


The problem was attaching the beads, so I had Matty help me out by cutting to deep notches in the wood, one per side of the corner to keep the wire in place.

I held it really tightly, while he took two crimp beads and finished it off.











I thought it still needed something, so I cut out cardboard squares and painted the tops white. Then took the blue and grey paint and mixed them until I got the color I liked and then painted letters on them.


Then I glued them on.

And there it is...




1 comment: