3.24.2016

Amor // Day 1

Over spring break, I had the opportunity to go to Tecate Mexico with my Dad, Matty and some friends to build houses through an organization called Amor. Our group meet up with another church and left Saturday morning. There were two days of building and we came home on Tuesday. We camped in tents, took sun showers, and used only hand tools to build the houses. This was to allow us to experience, as close as possible, what its like to live like the locals without all the convinces of home.

*In keeping with this idea, none of the photos below are edited. Photos are from my Dad's phone and my camera.

My favorite part was meeting and interacting with the family we were building the house for as well as working alongside friends, and the new friends I made, to build the house together. The physical labor was exhausting but really rewarding.
God protected us while there and traveling across the boarder was smooth and uneventful. During the trip, I realized all the things I take for granted, like not worrying about ingesting the showering water at home. Or having a house that is warm, and not worrying about it getting cold at night. The trip reminded me of the many gifts God give to me daily.


enjoy

/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'//;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/;/';';';';';';';';';';';';';';';;'';';';';';';



























































































 
taken on Dad's phone
 





A's camera

























a's camera











2 comments:

  1. Nice. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the story...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solar showers! Mr. Rupprecht will be proud.

    ReplyDelete