11.18.2013

Handwritten Notes

As I open the door, fresh air and sunshine greet me. Walking outside, I stop in front of the mailbox which holds the long anticipated letter. There is something personal and special about getting mail. I don't mean the monthly bills that pile up or the coupons from clothing stores. Its the handwritten letters, the "old-fashioned" way of communication, which makes the mail special.
I just got a letter from my friend. The first one she has sent since she moved to a new location, Calvin College in Michigan. I have had the privilege of corresponding with her for about two years. Back then, letters would be coming from Garden Grove and I got to see her weekly on Sundays. Then and even more so now, I treasure the handwritten way we communicate. Obviously, there are quicker, more instant ways of communication but these handwritten letters mean more since she has set aside time to write me.

There is just somethings that are more special when done the old-fashioned way.

What do you think?




1 comment: