12.09.2013

Psalms 1

Recently, I have been blessed to participate in a special Bible study. My Grandpa has taken time out of his busy schedule to impart to Matty and I what he has learned in the Bible and I teasure this special time! He provided Matty and I each with a NLT Study Bible which has really been a blessing. I have really enjoyed all the wonderful study notes and extra resources it has provided. Apart from the main part of the Bible study, a quick overview of the Bible, he asked Matty and I to pick an Old Testament book and read through it ourselves, sharing with him what we got out of each chapter. I have been keeping  a little journal to jot down things that stand out to me and I want to start sharing what I am learning with you! 

Enjoy

/////////////////////////////Psalms 1//////////////////////////


1 Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers. 
2 But they delight in doing everything the LORD wants; day and night they think about his law. 
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season without fail. Their leaves never wither, and in all they do, they prosper. 
4 But this is not true of the wicked. They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. 
5 They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. 
6 For the LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.

Little Notes: 
1:1- God will bless those who follow Him
1:2- In order to love God more I need to be reading the Bible and looking at what is says about Him, others, and me
1:6- God is continually watching over me


2 comments:

  1. Neat! That is one of my favorite books of the Bible! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie- your sharing blesses me! Thank-you. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete