12.16.2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving weekend was a busy, crazy, and fun time at our house. 
Monday and Tuesday, I was still trying to fit school in and Tuesday night I quickly "stole" the babies. Some pictures were taken during some spare time during the week. That night I also started to make my pumpkin pie. 
By Wednesday I had given up trying to do anymore school and took that day off to help mom get the house ready. I also got to spend a couple hours with Margie who came down for the holiday. 
Thanksgiving dinner(for my mom's side) was hosted at our home on Thursday and on Friday we hosted Thanksgiving yet again for my dad's side of the family. That day, I made the mashed potatoes and prepared the turkey for the first time! 
The next day, Dad, Matty, and I woke up at 7:45 to do some birthday shopping for my mom before picking her up to go get our Christmas tree. There we met Eric and found our tree! On Sunday, we watched Caleb and Micky for the evening and decorated the gingerbread house with them!

Enjoy

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

Since Caleb was little he always loved to sort my bracelets. He still does.

Mystery snack Matty made for me:
Tomato, puffed rice, mustard, tzatziki sauce
it was okay



Science Experiment


Joey


Ray Ray











Had a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with the Davis family





 taking a break from school







starting to make the pie Tuesday night




























Wednesday morning











walked into the garage and saw this


I thought I'd give it a try



Margie/Bobba break



yeah for friends willing to help with the cooking!








my aunt came to help with the preparations




it happens in a crazy kitchen




Matty making beans



I did it!







Thanksgiving morning





quick breakfast







Matty and I play checkers Thanksgiving morning in honor of the last time my grandpa Y played with us


















Friday morning





 the turkey almost got away


another quick breakfast

since it was raining we moved all the tables inside, preparing for 35 people




making mashed potatoes











 Saturday morning











that's the one














 Sunday night

I find the best way to keep these things together (if you're not going to eat them) is to use a glue gun




























No comments:

Post a Comment