3.03.2014

Psalms 4

Psalm 4

For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by stringed instruments.

1 Answer me when I call to you,

    O God who declares me innocent.
Free me from my troubles.
    Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
2 How long will you people ruin my reputation?

    How long will you make groundless accusations?
    3 How long will you continue your lies? Interlude
 
You can be sure of this:
    The Lord set apart the godly for himself.
    The Lord will answer when I call to him.
4 Don’t sin by letting anger control you.

    Think about it overnight and remain silent. Interlude
 
5 Offer sacrifices in the right spirit,
    and trust the Lord.
6 Many people say, “Who will show us better times?”

    Let your face smile on us, Lord.
 
7 You have given me greater joy
    than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine.
 
8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.


Little Notes:
4:1- God will always hear my prayers.
4:2- Things like this happen to those who love God, but this doesn't mean God has left me. Amazingly, these things only happen for my ultimate good.
4:3- A great promise. Looking back, I know God has been faithful and good.
4:7- The joy and happiness in getting new things last for a short time. But a true love for God and all He is and does doesn't die. God's love for me is endless and perfect. 
4:8- The One who can and does give true peace is God. He will keep me safe. I will always be His.



No comments:

Post a Comment