9.03.2014

Back East | Day 16

Day 16 was another warm, humid day in Washington. Our first stop was the Arlington Cemetery. My favorite part was watching the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It was somber and amazing at the same time. Every move they made was precise. The respect they had for those who have fallen made me proud of America in a non cliche sense if that makes any sense.
We then visited the Lincoln Memorial, the outside of the White House,  Ford's Theater, and Gallaudet University. Gallaudet University is the only liberal arts school in the world for the deaf and I was so excited to be able to visit it. Never thought I would be able to, living on the opposite side of the continent. There were not many people there( I only saw 4) so I was thrilled to be able to find two girls to sign with. Amazing experience. I actually carried on a long-ish conversation! 

enjoy

IiIiIIIIiIIIiIIIIIiiIiiiiIIiIiIiIiIIiIIiIiiIiiiiIiiiiIiiiIIiiIiIiIiiiiIiIiiiiIIIIIiiiiIiIIiiiiIiiiiIiiIIiiii











































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment