10.10.2016

Paris // Institut National de Jeunes Sourds de Paris // Day 13

Day 13 was one of the highlights of the trip for me. I got to visit The National Institute for the Deaf in Paris! On our last trip in 2014, I had the opportunity to visit Gallaudet University located in Washington D.C. I had just started learning ASL then, and since then my passion for ASL and the Deaf Culture has grown. It was cool to be able to personally visit these two places that have played such an important role in the Deaf culture. Getting to sign with and meet other Deaf people from the Ukraine, Vietnamese, and of course France was an awesome experience. After a tour of the school, we had lunch in the Luxembourg Gardens. We then visited Cafe Signes, run by Deaf, Hearing, and Hard of Hearing. If you are ever in Paris, I'd highly recommend getting a cup of coffee there!

enjoy

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/










































































































No comments:

Post a Comment